Potential Pitfalls In The Office Fit Out Process
So you’re ready to embark on your fit out and want to know how to save a few bucks? Read on below and you could pick up some important budgeting tips that you hadn’t thought of……
- Carefully plan your budget before you start – call Anthony on 0407 122 001 for a free onsite budget assessment if you need help here. Take into consideration workstations, reception & waiting areas, staff breakout areas or kitchens, utilities rooms, server rooms, loose furniture, window treatments, AV equipment & removals
- Give your space some “wow factor” at the front of house & staff break out areas by introducing some feature walls or floor coverings. This can be as simple as a change in paint colours, a funky light fitting or selecting a different floor finish
- Evaluate the existing components in your current space and decide if there’s anything else you’ll need in the proposed space – Take advantage of existing items such as floor coverings, ceilings, offices, desks & lighting if they are in reasonable condition…you can even try just replacing benchtops to give your space a lift.
- See what is available in the way of financial incentives from your landlord – this can include painting, lights, floorcoverings as they are items that are tax deductible for landlords
- Use your rent free fit out period to the max – Most landlords will give you up to a few months of rent free while you undertake your fit out. If you plan well and engage your fit out contractor early you can use this to your advantage and get some free rent for the first few weeks once the works are completed.
- Relocation of essential services is expensive – Try to maintain the existing locations of essential services such as plumbing, air conditioning, fire sprinklers & electrical switchboards, as relocation of these items can become expensive
- Selection of finishes – there are a whole range of ways to achieve the look you are after without exceeding your budget expectations. We can guide you regarding options of suppliers that can save money without drastically changing the look
- Can you reuse any of your existing equipment? Things like back of house storage, data racks, miscellaneous furniture can save you money if they can be re- deployed
- Check your make good clause on the existing premises if you have one so that you don’t get any nasty surprises when you leave at the end of your lease term